*Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl to bring bookish friends together. A new topic is posted each week.
This week, the topic is “Books That Have Been on My TBR the Longest (That I Still Haven’t Read). My TBR is sort of becoming a graveyard of books I want to read, so this is an easy list for me to make. In my experience, I’ve found that the books I’ve wanted to read for the longest time end up being some of my favorites, and I always kick myself for having waited so long. The best example of this is the Shades of Magic series and The Bear and the Nightingale, which were absolutely phenomenal.
Reading these books is more of a need than a want at this point.
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- Red Rising by Pierce Brown
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
- Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- Bird Box by Josh Malerman
- Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
- Tithe by Holly Black
- The Secret History by Donna Tartt
- I own a paperback copy of All the Light We Cannot See, but just haven’t gotten around to reading it. I’m like a magpie, always attracted to the allure of new books and forgetting about the ones I already own.
- Red Rising is a book that I’ve heard a lot of great things about, but just haven’t gotten around to reading it. Now that the series is over, I’ll probably pick it up! It’s always more fun binge-reading without having to wait for the next book to come out.
- I actually read Throne of Glass a while back and didn’t really enjoy it, but I’ve heard the books that come after are amazing and worth the read. I love the ACOTAR books, so maybe I’ll give this one another shot.
- Life After Life is another book that I own, but just haven’t gotten around to reading.
- The only Maggie Stiefvater book I’ve ever read is Shiver, way back in my Twilight-obsessed high school days. I didn’t LOVE it, but people rave about her writing and these books sound really intriguing, so I want to give them a shot!
- I’m guilty of having never read The Night Circus. I feel like it’s one of those books that became super trendy and everyone else has already read it. I actually owned a paperback copy and lost it a few years ago (how does that happen??), but I ordered another online, so I’ll be starting this one soon.
- I love mysteries, thrillers, and scary things, so Bird Box has been on my radar for a while. I guess now it’s going to be made into a movie?? Possibly with Sandra Bullock?? So yeah, count me in.
- The blurb of Dark Matter sounds freaky and scary and mysterious and I can’t wait to read this one. I’m not sure why I haven’t yet.
- I’ve been on a little Holly Black kick lately, and I love dark faerie books. Tithe seems like the most obvious next choice, even though it came out years ago and I probably should have already read it.
- The Secret History is another one I have being shipped to me as I’m typing this, so I’m hoping to cross it off from my TBR soon! I’ve heard great things about this one. So many books I read are new releases, but this one was originally published in 1992. I can’t wait to get my hands on it!
Hopefully, I’ll be crossing these books off my list soon!